Instructive is the story of Uzziah. See 2 Kings 15 and 2 Chronicles 26 for the story.
Provided here is a summary:
1. Cross referencing 2 Chron. 26, you see that he who is described as Azariah is actually Uzziah, king of Judah.
2. He did what was good in the sight of God. God blessed him and marvelously helped him. He was a livestock farmer and dug many wells to sustain them.
3. Sadly, he became proud because God made him strong.
4. He showed his pride by going into the temple to offer incense, a job meant for only the consecrated priests.
5. He was approached by the priests to stop. But he didn’t. He became furious. And immediately leprosy broke out of his forehead.
6. He died a leper. A man who walked in the ways of the Lord. When you are lifted up, be careful, sin lieth at the door.
7. Just like King Asa in 1 Kings 15 & 2 Chron. 16 where it was recorded he died diseased in his feet, because he disregarded God.