Frello F.R.E.S.H #LA Family! The Freshest family of God that consistently Learns and Applies the Word.
It’s Day 26 of our #LA130 program.
Today’s Reading: Luke 7 – 8.
For the daily readings, please see here.
One of our family Doctors, Dr. Ola, shared with The WhatsApp group on the ‘Woman who bled for 12 years’.
We cannot hoard. Enjoy!
This woman saw her menses one day and the bleeding continued after that. She bled for 12 years… Until she met Jesus Christ and touched the edge of His robe. She acted in accordance with her belief in Jesus Christ and received her healing.
Let’s analyze the possible circumstances surrounding this woman’s condition at that time.
1. She was a woman who had a continuous bleeding for 12 years. We could safely conclude that due to her condition, she most likely was:
- Childless for these 12 years. Infertility is one of the complications of this condition. The layer of her womb that the baby should have been attached to (had she become pregnant) was always being shed (along with its blood vessels), which caused the bleeding. Such a ‘bare’ womb cannot safely retain a pregnancy.
- Prone to developing other diseases. Prolonged loss of blood decreases the body’s defense (immunity) against a lot of diseases. Her immunity was probably compromised.
- Not as strong as she should have been. Blood supplies oxygen and nutrition to the various parts of the body. Having bled for these 12 years, even with the ability of the body to adapt to these conditions, her strength would not be optimal, because of the ongoing loss of blood.
- Not as physically attractive/beautiful as she had been previously. In my opinion, no normal lady would sit down and fold her hands while her physical attraction/beauty dwindles. I once saw a woman (in the hospital) who was losing blood after having her son, and it wasn’t funny. Even though she was transfused with about 3 liters of blood (over some days), she aged so quickly (within those few days) that recognizing her wasn’t so easy. I could only imagine how this woman who bled for 12 years looked!
2. She had spent all her money/livelihood on physicians.
Rarely will you find a doctor who’ll treat you for free, especially when consulted for a major illness. She had visited so many doctors (with the hope of being cured) and had paid so many of them out of her purse that her financial resources dwindled over time.
3. She was not healed. Though she spent a lot of money (within 12 years) and consulted physicians, all her efforts to live a productive life proved futile. This alone was enough to plunge her into such depths of depression that suicide would have seemed a welcome option.
4. According to the Law of Moses, she was unclean. Anyone who touched her became unclean. Every bed she sat/laid upon also became unclean. Every clay pot she touched became unclean and had to be broken.
She was unclean for 12 years! Under the law, she was a prime candidate for the wrath of God.
But Jesus had mercy on her. Her bleeding stopped. This means that she could now do these:
– Get married (if she was previously without a husband),
– Bear children,
– Live a healthy life, physically and emotionally
– Regain her physical strength
– Have finances to spend on better projects
– Live a clean life, and not as an unclean outcast, ostracized by everyone around her.
– Safely have friends, without being scared of polluting any of her close loved ones.
– Engage in any trade or business without fear of ‘polluting’ anything and anyone she came into contact with.
Thus, we see that this single act of healing restored the dignity of her life. The compassion that Jesus Christ had went a long way. He saw the sick and suffering, and saw all the troubles they had as a result of their infirmity, had compassion on them and healed them.
May his healing virtue flow through us all to touch as many as need His touch through us.
Only a #LA Family Doctor would bring forth such awesome analysis.
You have Learned! Go forth and Apply!
Food For Thought: Are we sensitive enough to make the most of any opportunity we have?
Please deposit Luke 7:50 into the memory bank:
Then He said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you. Go in peace.
Stay #FRESH, #CHAP and #ALIVE!