Chapter 2: Divine Love: The Evidence of the New Birth
1. The love of God in our hearts is the evidence that we have been translated out of Satan’s kingdom of darkness into God’s Kingdom of light (Col. 1:13).
2. When you’re born again, and you’ve passed from spiritual death to eternal life, the love of God that has been shed abroad in your heart will constrain you to do what’s right in God’s sight.
3. You have to keep the flesh under because all things do not become new in your mind or in your body. All things become new in your spirit. (2Corinthians 5:17).
4. Get inside this Book, the Bible, and get the Bible inside you, and you’re ready for anything. You don’t have to get ready; you are ready. God’s love never fails!
5. If you don’t think you have matured in love yet, don’t get discouraged. Just keep on growing in the fruit of love. And by practicing walking in the love of God and by communing with God, it won’t be long until you are growing in the God-kind of love!
Chapter 3: Love: The Law Of the New Covenant
1.we can be led by God through our spirits because that’s where the love of God dwells.
2. Under the new covenant, the law of love is a commandment ( John 13:34 ).
3. The new testament commandment of love is a fulfillment of the Ten Commandments.
4. If we walk in the new commandment of love we will be fulfilling all the commandments of the old testament.
5. If you walk in love you don’t need any other commandment.
6. If you’re really born again, the “want to” to sin is gone.
7.God expects us to renew our minds with His word, and so doing our minds can be in agreement with the Holy Spirit who dwells in our hearts.
8. God wrote one commandment in our born again heart or spirit and it is to love one another.
9. Every believer needs to listen to his recreated heart or spirit because that’s where the law of love is written.
Chapter 4: The God-Kind of Love Forgives
1. It’s only as we “put on” Christ and make no provision for the flesh that we will be able to forgive one another even as God for Christ’s sake forgave us (Romans 13:4).
2. You want your prayers to be unhindered, don’t you? Then walk in love and forgiveness because according to (1 Peter 3:7) you can hinder your own prayers. Learn to forgive and forget like God does.
3. If God forgives us and does not remember our iniquities because He loves us, then we need to forgive one another and not remember their sins either. Forgiveness is part of walking in the New Covenant law of love (Hebrews 10:17).
4. If you say you have forgiven someone, but you hold on to grudges in your heart, then you haven’t really forgiven at all (Colossians 3:13).
5. You not only have to learn to forgive others — you have to learn to forgive yourself! And realize that very closely associated with learning to forgive is learning to forget.
6. So learn to forgive so you can receive God’s best in life. Practice what Paul did. Forget those things which are behind, and “press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus” (Phil. 3:14).