God’s infallible WORD teaches and we, the LA Family, believe:
1. The Scriptures are Inspired by God and declare His design and plan for mankind (2 Tim. 3:15-17; 1 Thess. 2:13).
2.There is only One True God–revealed in three persons…Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (commonly known as the Trinity). Matthew 3:16, 17; 2 Corinthians 13:14; Matthew 28:19,20
3. In the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. As God’s son Jesus was both human and divine. We believe in His virgin birth (Matt. 1:23), His sinless life (Heb. 7:26), His miracles (Acts 2:22; 10:38), His substitutionary work on the cross (1 Cor. 15:3), His bodily resurrection from the dead (Matt 28:6), and His exaltation to the right hand of God (Heb. 1:3).
4. Though originally good, Man Willingly Fell to Sin–ushering evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world (Gen. 1:26-27).
5. Every Person Can Have Restored Fellowship with God Through ‘Salvation’ (trusting Christ, through faith and repentance, to be our personal Savior). Luke 24:47, Titus 2:11.
6. …and practice two ordinances—(1) Water Baptism by Immersion after repenting of one’s sins and receiving Christ’s gift of salvation. Water Baptism is one immersion (not three) “In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost” as Jesus commanded. (Matthew 28:19, Mark 16:16). And (2) Holy Communion (the Lord’s Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ’s suffering and death for our salvation (2 Peter 1:4, 1 Cor. 11:26).
7. The Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a Special Experience Following Salvation that empowers believers for witnessing and effective service, just as it did in New Testament times. Acts 1:4,8.
8. The Initial Physical Evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is ‘Speaking in Tongues,’ as experienced on the Day of Pentecost and referenced throughout Acts and the Epistles. Acts 2:4.
9. Sanctification Initially Occurs at Salvation and is not only a declaration that a believer is holy, but also a progressive lifelong process of separating from evil as believers continually draw closer to God and become more Christlike. Romans 12:1,2, Hebrews 13:12.
10. The Church has a Mission to seek and save all who are lost in sin. We believe ‘the Church’ is the Body of Christ and consists of the people who, throughout time, have accepted God’s offer of redemption (regardless of religious denomination) through the sacrificial death of His son Jesus Christ. Acts 1:8, 1 Cor. 12:13, 1 Cor. 12:28
11. A Divinely Called and Scripturally Ordained Leadership Ministry Serves the Church. The Bible teaches that each of us under leadership must commit ourselves to reach others for Christ, for the evangelism of the world (Mark 16:15-20), to worship Him with other believers (John 4:23-24), to build up or edify the body of believers–the Church (Eph. 4:11-16), and to Meet human need with ministries of love and compassion (Psalm 112:9).
12. Divine Healing of the Sick is a Privilege for Christians Today and is provided for in Christ’s atonement (His sacrificial death on the cross for our sins). Isaiah 53:4,5; Matthew 8:16-17.
13. In The Blessed Hope—When Jesus Raptures His Church Prior to His Return to Earth (the second coming). At this future moment in time all believers who have died will rise from their graves and will meet the Lord in the air, and Christians who are alive will be caught up with them, to be with the Lord forever. 1 Thess. 4:16-17, Romans 8:23, Luke 21:34-36, 1 John 3:1-3.
14. In The Millennial Reign of Christ when Jesus returns with His saints at His second coming and begins His benevolent rule over earth for 1,000 years. At this time He will judge the nations that dwell upon the face of the earth (Jude 14,15; 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10). During this time the devil will be bound (Revelation 20:2,3). It will be a reign of peace and blessing (Isaiah 11:6-9; 65:25; Hosea 2:18; Zechariah 14:9-20; Isaiah 2:2-4).
15. A Final Judgment Will Take Place for those who have rejected Christ. They will be judged for their sin and consigned to eternal punishment in a punishing lake of fire (Dan 12:2,3; Matt 10:15; 11:21-24; 12:41,42; Rev 20:11-15.).
16. …and look forward to the perfect New Heavens and a New Earth that Christ is preparing for all people, of all time, who have accepted Him. We will live and dwell with Him there forever following His millennial reign on Earth. ‘And so shall we forever be with the Lord!’ Isaiah 66:22; 2 Peter 3:12,13; 1 Cor 13:12; 1 John 3:2,3; Rev 21:1-7; 22:1-5.
Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort [you] that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints” (Jude 3).
Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee” (I Timothy 4:16).
Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them” (Romans 16:17).