RESURRECTION SUNDAY SERVICE/ EASTER SUNDAY – 12TH APRIL 2020
ANCHOR SCRIPTURE(S): FROM THE CROSS TO THE GRAVE TO THE RISE
MESSAGE TOPIC: MATTHEW 28:1-5
By: Dr. Paul Enenche
1. Understanding what happened from the Cross to the grave to the rise
2. Understanding some revelations from the resurrection
3. Understanding the power of the Resurrection
4. Understanding how to walk in the reality of the Resurrection
Welcome to Easter Celebration 2020.
WHAT HAPPENED FROM THE CROSS?
1. The Lord laid on Jesus the iniquity of the world (John 1:29; Isa. 53:4-6)
– When the high priest handed Jesus over for crucifixion, he was doing his work because Christ was both the scape goat and the lamb of sacrifice.
2. The Father looked away from the Son and became separated from the Son once He had become united with the sins of the world (Matt. 27:45-46; Hab. 1:13; Isa. 59:1-2)
3. The veil of the temple was torn in two from the top to the bottom (Matt. 27:51-52; Heb. 9:1-8)
Implications of the Veil being torn in two:
a. The assignment of the high priest was forever over and the way to the Holy of Holies was permanently open
b. The way to the Holy of Holies was now open for all to enter
4. The Master gave up the Ghost as a consequence of the sins of the world (Rom.3:23; 6:23; Matt. 27:47-50)
5. The Master went to fulfil the claims of justice and pay the penalty for the sins of mankind (Ps. 16:8-11; Acts 2:22-28; Col. 2:14)
– Whatever man was meant to pay as a result of sin, Jesus went ahead to pay it.
6. The Master went further to establish the defeat of the enemy and obtain victory for mankind (Col. 2:13-15; Rev. 1:18; Ps. 24:7-10; Gen. 3:15)
7. The Master went to reclaim the glory and dominion handed over to the enemy by Adam, the first man (Gen. 1:28; Rom. 3:23; Col. 1:27)
8. The Master rose in victory on the behalf of mankind (Matt. 28:18-20)
– The victory of Christianity is the resurrection of the Master
WHAT VICTORY DOES THE RESURRECTION BRING?
1. The victory of life over death
2. The victory of love over hate
3. The victory of good over evil
4. The victory of light over darkness (John 1:5)
5. The victory of Truth over lie (John 14:6)
6. The victory of righteousness over unrighteousness
7. The victory of Divine purpose over demonic program/enemy agenda
8. The victory of the wisdom of God over the wiles of the devil
9. The victory of the goodness of God over the wickedness of the enemy
10. The victory of the Almighty over the enemy
WHAT REVELATION DOES THE RESURRECTION PRESENT TO US?
1. God does not and cannot fight a lost battle; He does not know how to fight and lose
– Once the enemy declares a fight against the Almighty, he has already decided his defeat
– When the enemy goes against the Almighty, he also goes prepared to face the consequences
2. God will always make the final move; the devil may make the first move, but the Almighty will always make the final and conclusive move.
– The devil does not own the final move or final say
3. God always uses the enemy to achieve His own purpose at the enemy’s cost/expense (1Cor. 2:6-8; Rom. 8:28; Gen. 50:20-21)
4. One day of Divine action can wipe out millenniums of enemy operation (2Pet. 3:8)
– It doesn’t matter how long the enemy has been at work, in this season, there is a move of God that will wipe out every trace of the activities of the enemy
5. God is the God of surprising and surpassing recoveries (Prov. 6:31)
– God does not just cause you to recover what was lost, He makes you to recover far more than what was lost
6. God allocates the enemy long term defeat for his short term victories (Job 20:4-5)
– What the devil celebrates for a short time, God will make him to pay for it for a long time!
– Any defeat the devil has had over your life is for a short term
WHAT IS THE POWER OF THE RESURRECTION?
1. The Power of absolute dominion and authority over all the forces of the enemy (Acts 2:22-23)
– Authority over the forces of sin, sickness, death, evil, all forces of the enemy!
2. The Power of transformation of life (Luke 24:13-31;John 20:13-17; Rom. 6:4)
– His resurrection is to change our lives
3. The power of a limitless life (John 20:19, 26; Lue 4:5-6; John 21:5-11)
– Before the resurrection, the life he lived was a miracle, after the resurrection His life became a mystery; it was miracle to mystery
HOW TO WALK IN THE REALITY OF THE RESURRECTION
It is the mystery of identification; everything Christ did for you, He did with you
a. Live the crucified life; let the Cross of Calvary work on you (Gal. 2:20; Phil. 1:21)
– Let the cross crush the appetite for sin, rebellion, addiction, greed, wickedness of heart, love of money more than love of God, the earthly physical pleasures
– Let people encounter you and encounter Christ; let them feel God when they see you
b. Live in the newness of life; live in the resurrected life (Rom. 6:4)
– Let something be new about you
– It is not possible to claim that you know Jesus if nothing changes in your life
– Determine to live for Him Who died for you; tell someone about Him.
c. Live in the reality of your place on the throne (Eph. 2:1-6; 1:19-21)
– You are in the realm far beyond the reach of harm and of enemy agenda
Communion of resurrection; the overall victory of the Almighty over the enemy be communicated via this Communion. By this communion, the Divine action that will wipe out the agenda of the enemy is released!
– The enemy may have organised and orchestrated evil for you, but in this season of resurrection, God shall turn it around for your good.
– Every area of your life where the devil seems to be winning, I prophesy the annulment of that victory!
– Whatever is not planted by my Father in your life and system, it is flushed out now!
– Corona I curse you to your roots!
– Every symptom of any viral infection in your life is flushed out now!
Culled from Dunamis International Gospel Centre’s facebook page.