Beneficial Ministry With Eternally Rewarding Sacrifice
by Dr. W.F. Kumuyi
1. We are planters of the incorruptible seed.
2. We are fishers of men.
3. We are labourers in the harvest field.
4. We are servants of the kingdom.
5. We are ambassadors of the heavenly country (2 Cor. 5;18).
6. We are preachers of God’s transforming truth.
7. We are builders of God’s own temple/sanctuary/house.
Jesus is the wise builder and we are following Him. The Lord requires something from us if we are going to do the work faithfully, rewardingly, and profitably.
4. Transparency in mind, and thoughts
Faithfulness will be eternally rewarded, but unfaithfulness will be punished.
Beneficial Ministry With Eternally Rewarding Sacrifice.
If your ministry will be beneficial, then you must give your very best to the ministry. You must feel pain, it must be sacrificial if it is going to be acceptable and rewardable.
1. The Fundamental Base (Foundation) Eternally Revealed. 1 Cor. 3:9; Psalm 11:3
To develop anything, we must check the foundation. Let’s not forget the foundation of baptism, conditional security, sanctification., belief in Christ, restitution.
Ephesians. 2:19 ff. A stranger to the calling of the believers cannot be a worker. Hebrews 6:1, Acts 20:20-21; Acts 24:16; Hebrews 9:27.
Have a good conscience towards all because of the judgement of God.
Because of that judgement, we call sinners to God with all our hearts. 2 Cor 5:10
Don’t try to adjust what Jesus has done. You can’t be more knowledgable than the apostles of Christ. Such pride is blasphemy. Such pride will be severely punished by God. Psalm 119:89; Matthew 24:35; Isaiah 66:8; 1 Peter 1:23, 25.
You can’t modify the word of God.
2. The Faithful Builders Eternally Rewarded.
1 Cor. 3:10; Psalm 12:1
Faithfulness is required.
God helps us by showing us the narrow gate that leads to heaven. He helps us by reminding us how we started.
There is a kind of depreciating godliness in vogue today. Ask yourself, in what area am I trying to modify the truth?
Psalm 101:6 – God is looking for the faithful in the land. God is not looking for the fast and the clever, but the faithful (Matthew 24:45).
We need to give the believers and sinners and workers balanced diet faithfully, conscienciously and continually.
It’s not just about being wise; it’s being faithful and wise. 1 Timothy 1:12
Be faithful in private and public and because of that, He will delight in you.
1 Cor. 4:2
Faithful builders build:
1. According to the pattern from heaven Hebrews 8:5
2. With purpose of heart. No matter the lion in the way or the pitfalls in the way. Dan. 1:8
3. With passion and humility. Nothing you have that has not been given to you. It is the grace of God.
4. With prayer for the harvest (Matthew 9:37-38).
5. In pursuit of holiness (1 Thess. 4:3). You are pursuing and influencing others.
6. With the posture of helpfulness. 1 Chron 12:17; Peace be upon my helpers.
7. In perseverance for heaven (Hebrews 11:14). It’s a long term relay.
Both men and women should be faithful. Commit the word to faithful men (2 Tim 2:2).
WE should be faithful:
1. in the home (Titus 1:6). How faithful are you in your house?
2. in the heart Neh 9:8
3. without hypocrisy Hosea 11:!2
4. With all humility
5. In all honesty. Romans 12:17
Matthew 23:!2 We must bury our pride of talent, ability, and position.
6. In all holiness
7. We should be faithful helpers (Romans 16:3)
3. The faulty buildings eternally ruined.
1 Cor. 3:12; Phil 1:14-16
2 Chronicles 25:2 – We need to watch our hearts and whatever we are doing or saying, Our hearts must be perfect before God.
Eliphaz, Bildad, and Zophar did not have perfect hearts towards Job. Their service was flawed.
Think of the final day.
1 Cor 3:9 – We are laborers together with God and our work will be rewarded in Jesus name.
We’ll help every soul to get farther and farther into the kingdom of God, in Jesus name.
Notes by Ike Amadi. From Dr. W.F. Kumuyi’s workers training session.